Grants & Funding Opportunities
Your program could receive up to $2,000 in funding and/or materials, along with training and consultation, to help you meet goals toward a specific area of improvement.
To be eligible to apply for a QI, your program must:
- Be licensed with the State of Alaska, or Municipality of Anchorage
- Have all staff enrolled AND active in the Alaska System for Early Education Development (SEED) Registry
Please contact your local thread office to check for availability. QI applications are accepted as funding allows. Preference is given to programs that are not currently participating in other funding projects with thread.
Child Care Assistance in Northern Interior and Southeast Alaska
thread partners with Thrivalaska in Fairbanks and AEYC-SEA in Juneau to administer the State of Alaska Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) for the CCAP Northern and Southeast service delivery areas. Your program may be eligible to participate in CCAP to receive subsidy payments from the State of Alaska on behalf of an eligible family in Northern Interior or Southeast Alaska.
If you are in Northern/Interior Alaska, contact our child care assistance staff between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday at:
907.479.2212 or toll free 855.479.2212
1949 Gillam Way, Suite G, Fairbanks, AK 99701
If you are in Southeast Alaska, contact our child care assistance staff between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday at:
907.789.1235 or toll free 888.785.1235
3200 Hospital Drive, Suite 204, Juneau, AK 99801
For information about CCAP in other regions, contact the Child Care Program Office (CCPO).
Other Funding Resources
- Alaska IN!
- State of Alaska Child and Adult Care Food Program
- State of Alaska Child Care Grant Program
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council Child Care and Development Fund
- Tanana Chiefs Conference
- Central Council of the Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska (Southeast)
- IRS Info: Tax Deductions for Educators