Thursdays with thread
Introducing Thursdays with thread, a series of virtual workshops designed to connect you with COVID-19 resources, experts — and each other. Don't miss these special opportunities to get the information you need to continue to navigate your child care business through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Offered for free via Zoom video conferencing (limited to 100). Participants will need to have an email address and access to a computer, internet, and a phone.
- Registration closes at 5 pm the day before training, or the Friday before training, if held over the weekend.
- Workshops are free and will be recorded.
- Nov. 19: Supportive Self-Care at Work: The Gift (w/ Woodrie Burich). Click here to register.
- Oct. 29: Can Insurance Cover You during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
National child care advocate Tom Copeland discusses insurance coverage and options during the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch it now.
- Sept. 24: Legal Considerations for Child Care Programs during COVID-19 Renea Saade with Littler Mendelson, Elena Romerdahl with Perkins Coie LLP, and Becky Kruse with Doyon discuss legal resources and community supports available to Alaska's early childhood education programs. This discussion was facilitated by thread board member, Sen Tan of Sen Tan Solutions. Watch it now.
- Aug. 27: Licensing, Child Care Assistance, COVID-19 Mandates -- and Your Business!
Representatives from the State of Alaska Child Care Program Office and Municipality of Anchorage Child Care Licensing provide the latest in government mandates, licensing, child care assistance, and available resources. Watch it now.
- Aug. 17: Health Guidance for Child Care During COVID-19
Dr. Elizabeth Ohlsen with the State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services provides updated health guidance for child care programs during COVID-19. Watch it now.
- July 30: COVID-19 Resources for Alaskan Businesses
Jon Bittner with the Alaska Small Business Development Center (SBDC) talks about available COVID-19 funding. Watch it now.
- Interested in SBDC services? Request an advisor.